TITLE: Executive Director of Lakes Education/Action Drive (LE/AD)
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
CLASSIFICATION: Part Time
SALARY RANGE: Negotiable
JOB SUMMARY: To lead a nonprofit environmental organization in the preservation and protection of our water resources in Polk County, FL.
LE/AD Mission: to create an awareness and appreciation of our lakes and watersheds and to promote their protection and wise use.
The Lakes Education/Action Drive (LE/AD), Inc. is seeking an executive director to manage the daily operations of the 501(c)(3) organization. The executive director works with a volunteer board of directors and leads the organization to implement environmental education countywide. This is a part-time position that requires occasional evening and weekend activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Have a passion for the environment and enthusiasm for environmental education.
- Demonstrates leadership ability in strategizing and coalition building with other organizations and agencies.
- Strong management skills and business acumen.
- Demonstrates effectiveness and experience in fundraising through grants, donations, and memberships.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an outgoing personality.
- Be a self starter and ability to work alone.
- Manage and maintain financial and office records.
- Ability to follow the directions of, and closely work with, a volunteer Board of Directors.
- Working knowledge of lake related issues.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Marketing and graphic design experience.
- Webpage design/maintenance, social media and blogging knowledge.
- Knowledge of/or experience in environmental science.
- Familiarity of local lakes and water resources issues.
- Project management to schedule, monitor and evaluate projects.
- Experience successfully engaging and motivating volunteers to work toward an identified goal.
- Lead the organization, correspond with agencies, organizations, individuals on behalf of the organization. Create corporate reports.
- Meet every other month with the Board to present director’s report and discuss organization business. Prepare agenda and set up board meetings; work with appointed Board committees.
- Partnership retainment and recruitment, strong communication skills and understanding of different partners’ needs.
- Develop presentations for target audiences and update Board on accomplishments.
- Represent LE/AD at Commission meeting and in front of elected officials.
- Strategic management of various media tools, such as organization’s website, and social media networks.
- Support funding goals, including seeking out and writing grants for specific strategies.
- Scheduling, coordinating, and executing meetings and events, including preparing agendas, arranging materials, supporting volunteers, etc.
- Office management, including accounts payable, equipment maintenance, filing, and database maintenance, as well as knowledge of 501(C)(3) regulations.
- Project management skills.
- Fiscal responsibility and annual reporting to state of Florida.
- Maintain membership program and recruitment of new members.
- Program implementation.
Please submit a cover letter with resume and salary requirements to:
***LE/AD, a private, non-profit, reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the organization desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “At-will.” Qualified employees who, because of a physical or mental impairment that significantly limits a major life activity, require a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of this position should notify the LE/AD Board Chair.